Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has Sprung


Spring has sprung here in North Carolina. Look what is blooming at the studio. Several of my orchids are in bloom right now. I love orchids. I have been growing orchids for over a decade. The orchid pictured on the right was bought back in 1996 at the Miami International Orchid show. It is named phalenopsis Plantation Imp 'Forever Orchids'. It is a cross between Phal. Rousserole 'Plantation' and Phal. Gladrose 'Plantation'. The orchid on the left is also a phalenopsis orchid. It is named Phal. Kaleidoscope. This orchid is a cross between Phal. amboinensis and Phal. Red wine.

Today, I also received a new shipment of glazes. I now have 33 new glazes to test. Some will go in the kiln this weekend when I fire the animal print beads and pendants that I have been working on over the last several days. The new pendants that my daughter designed will be in that bunch. I think I counted over 110 pieces that will be fired. Keep checking back to read and view pictures of those new designs.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: